Once we receive an OT referral, our Project Officers will arrange to visit (with the OT if necessary) and co-ordinate all aspects of the adaptation in conjunction with client and OT. This includes:-
• Assess the technical aspects of the work
• Prepare guidance notes and co-ordinate consultants if Planning Permission or Building Warrants are required.
• Obtain estimates from reputable specialist contractors
• Apply for local authority adaptations grants. These range from 80 – 100% towards to total cost of supported works. In some cases of financial hardship we may also be able to access charitable funding to meet financial shortfalls.
• Visit while works are being carried out and once complete to advise and assist throughout